Nicholas Hebson & Ike Efobi have been working tirelessly to support residents in Ledsham & Manor.
Over the past year, they have been engaging with people and community groups on the issues that matter to you. They have distributed useful information cards, surveyed residents on key issues, spoken to hundreds of people on the doorstep and delivered newsletters to every home in the ward.
Through their work, they have identified the issues that matter in Ledsham & Manor and have been working hard to address them. Three of their priorities are:
Ike and Nicholas have investigated the ownership of a derelict pub on Gleneagles Road and can confirm that there is a planning application lodged with the Council for development of the site into a Co-Op store. This would be a positive development and Ike and Nicholas will work with the Council and Co-Op management to make it a reality.
Across our ward, there are signs of neglect that need addressing. Nicholas and Ike have been reporting issues to the Council, including potholes, overgrown hedges and dangerous pavements. Ledsham & Manor needs proactive Councillors who will secure the improvements we need - that’s what Ike and Nicholas are determined to do.
Supporting Local Services
Ike and Nicholas welcome the planned replacement of the Great Sutton Medical Centre, which will see a new purpose-built medical centre with more facilities. Ike and Nicholas welcome this investment in our ward and will do whatever they can to secure more investment.
Ike and Nicholas will also support the key Conservative pledges for Cheshire West & Chester, specifically:
- SCRAP LABOUR'S GREEN BIN TAX. The Labour-run Council now charges local residents £40 per year to collect Green Waste. Conservative Councillors will scrap the Green Bin Tax over the next four years.
- IMPROVE OUR ROADS AND PAVEMENTS. It is obvious that our roads and pavements need investment. Conservatives will increase the maintenance budget to £4.5 million per year - reversing Labour's local cuts.
- BRING BACK FREE AFTER 3 CAR PARKING. We will re-introduce "Free After 3" car parking across the borough to help ease the financial pressure on local residents and support our high street and town centres.
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. To protect our environment, we will continue to take action on tackling climate change and reducing the amount going to landfill from Cheshire West and Chester.
- SUPPORT LOCAL SHOPS AND BUSINESSES. Small businesses are the beating heart of our local economy. They need a Council that is on their side, promoting growth and investment across the borough.
- NO MORE 'TAX TO THE MAX'. Council Tax has been increasing by the maximum allowable rate, leaving residents paying 40% more since 2016/17. We will end Labour's "tax to the max" policy.