Lynn Turnbull is standing in these elections to be a strong voice for Parkgate, working with fellow Conservative Councillors to ensure that our community does not get left behind.
As your Councillor, Lynn will prioritise quality local services. Lynn said:
"Throughout the Parkgate ward, many people depend upon local services and amenities, including bus services. I will do whatever I can to maintain, and where possible improve, these services for the benefit of local residents. It’s clear that in parts of the ward more needs to be done to keep hedges trimmed and gullies clear. They will be two of my top priorities as your Councillor."
Lynn isn't new to local politics - she even stood as our Parliamentary candidate in 1997! So she knows what it takes to stand up for a community and represent its views. Lynn will be a Councillor who listens, who puts the Parkgate community before party politics, and who fights tirelessly for a fair deal for us all.
Our local environment is a priority for many local residents - as it is for Lynn, who said:
"We are so lucky in Parkgate to have a wonderful local environment, including the country park and the marshes. I will put the preservation of our environment and the Green Belt at the top of the agenda, ensuring we get the investment and policies to keep Parkgate beautiful for years to come."
At the moment, Parkgate has an "independent" Councillor. But to get the best deal for Parkgate, it needs a Conservative Councillor who can work with their colleagues to deliver for our ward. That includes the key Conservative pledges of:
- SCRAP LABOUR'S GREEN BIN TAX. The Labour-run Council now charges local residents £40 per year to collect Green Waste. Conservative Councillors will scrap the Green Bin Tax over the next four years.
- IMPROVE OUR ROADS AND PAVEMENTS. It is obvious that our roads and pavements need investment. Conservatives will increase the maintenance budget to £4.5 million per year - reversing Labour's local cuts.
- BRING BACK FREE AFTER 3 CAR PARKING. We will re-introduce "Free After 3" car parking across the borough to help ease the financial pressure on local residents and support our high street and town centres.
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. To protect our environment, we will continue to take action on tackling climate change and reducing the amount going to landfill from Cheshire West and Chester.
- SUPPORT LOCAL SHOPS AND BUSINESSES. Small businesses are the beating heart of our local economy. They need a Council that is on their side, promoting growth and investment across the borough.
- NO MORE 'TAX TO THE MAX'. Council Tax has been increasing by the maximum allowable rate, leaving residents paying 40% more since 2016/17. We will end Labour's "tax to the max" policy.