As a former Whitby Councillor, Brian knows what it takes to deliver for local residents and act upon their priorities. Brian wants to use his experience to ensure Whitby Groves gets its fair share of investment and public services.
Here are some of Brian's key priorities:
Many people in the Whitby Groves ward depend upon local services, including bus services. Brian will do whatever he can to maintain, and where possible improve, these services for the benefit of local residents. It’s also clear that in parts of the ward more needs to be done to keep hedges trimmed and gullies clear. They will be two of Brian’s top priorities as your Councillor.
Reporting Local Issues
We all know that throughout the Whitby Groves ward there are signs of neglect that need addressing. Brian is being proactive in reporting potholes, overgrown hedges and dangerous pavements - as your Councillor, he will do whatever he can to ensure these issues are addressed.
Using His Experiences to Support You
Brian has experience of caring for his late wife, Diane. He knows how frustrating it can be to get the support and services you need from the Council and he will use these experiences to fight for local residents who need his support.
Brian will also support the key Conservative pledges for Cheshire West & Chester, specifically:
- SCRAP LABOUR'S GREEN BIN TAX. The Labour-run Council now charges local residents £40 per year to collect Green Waste. Conservative Councillors will scrap the Green Bin Tax over the next four years.
- IMPROVE OUR ROADS AND PAVEMENTS. It is obvious that our roads and pavements need investment. Conservatives will increase the maintenance budget to £4.5 million per year - reversing Labour's local cuts.
- BRING BACK FREE AFTER 3 CAR PARKING. We will re-introduce "Free After 3" car parking across the borough to help ease the financial pressure on local residents and support our high street and town centres.
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. To protect our environment, we will continue to take action on tackling climate change and reducing the amount going to landfill from Cheshire West and Chester.
- SUPPORT LOCAL SHOPS AND BUSINESSES. Small businesses are the beating heart of our local economy. They need a Council that is on their side, promoting growth and investment across the borough.
- NO MORE 'TAX TO THE MAX'. Council Tax has been increasing by the maximum allowable rate, leaving residents paying 40% more since 2016/17. We will end Labour's "tax to the max" policy.